As an entrepreneur, you have to ensure that your small business has adequate online presence, and for that, it is absolutely necessary to start with Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. Finding a company for SEO Sydney isn’t the hardest task. What needs as much or more importance is how you collaborate with the concerned agency. In this post, we are discussing all you need to know about getting SEO done.
- Insist on an SEO audit. For the unversed, an SEO audit is basically a comprehensive review on the current SEO performance of a website. It allows a marketing company to decide on the strategy and allows enough room to improve the design, UI, UX, & content, so that the website in sync with latest trends. Most SEO companies will offer an SEO audit for free, while others may seek a small charge. Either ways, you must insist on this.
- Ask for regular reports. There is no guesswork in SEO. The results of the work done can be measured in real metrics and numbers, and a good SEO company will offer reports with detailed outline of the performance of the website on a regular basis. Get regular reports to know the actual progress of your branding process. At the least, you should get one SEO report every month.
- Don’t rush it. When it comes to SEO, consistency is everything. You cannot expect things to change overnight. Many companies may promise great results in a month, and that never works. If the agency ends up using what is considered black-hat SEO, your website may get penalized by Google, and nothing can be worse than that. We recommend that you allow enough time to the SEO agency to do their job. This may mean that you will have to work with them for at least three to six months.
- Get involved. If you really want the best from an SEO agency, make sure that you get involved. It is always wise to take updates on a regular basis, and if you have the time, take interest in their strategy and work process. Ask them about their standard practices, if they are using techniques like link building, and if they are spending enough time to promote your website.
- Keep focus on content. SEO is still is about good content, and you need to know what the concerned agency is doing about content for the website and third-party sources. Don’t try to micro-manage things, but ensure that contents published for your brand is worth the value and image of your business. Eventually, people will associate the content with your brand, and you don’t want that to go wrong.
Check online now to find more on SEO, and don’t shy away from asking about processes and steps as the agency takes over the work. They need to be communicative, accessible, and reliable at the same time, and their team should have collaborative experience of handling similar projects. Start your SEO journey now and don’t forget to keep an eye on competition.